- Team Leader, Revision of National Biodiversity Strategy and Action Plan and Development of the Fifth National Report to CBD, Duration: 2013-2014 (Ministry of Forests and Soil Conservation, funded by GEF/UNEP).
- Theme Leader (Biodiversity and Ecosystems), Development of National Strategic Framework for Nature Conservation, Duration: 2014-2015 (National Planning Commission, with IUCN support).
- Team Leader,Review of benefit sharing mechanism and practices of participatory forest management and cost benefit analysis of community based REDD+ activities, Duration: February- July, 2014 (Hariyo Ban Program, supported by USAID)
- Team Leader,Rapid Assessment of Chitwan-Annapurna Landscape, Duration: April-August 2012 (WWF Hariyo Ban Program, supported by USAID )
- National Consultant, National Capacity Self Assessment for Global Environmental Management (Biodiversity and Cross-cutting themes), Duration: 2007-2008 (Ministry of Environment, supported by UNDP-GEF).
- Gautam, A. P. 2013. Natural Resource Management: Ecological Principles. In Jha, P. K., Neupane, F. P., Shrestha, M. L. and Khanal, I. P. (eds.), Environment and Natural Resources (Nepalpedia Series No. 1). Nepal Academy of Science and Technology, Khumaltar, Lalitpur, Nepal.
- Gautam, A. P. 2009. Equity and Livelihoods in Nepal’s Community Forestry. International Journal of Social Forestry 2(2): 101-122.
- Gautam, A. P. and Shivakoti, G. P., 2008. Evolution, impacts and challenges of community based forestry programs in Nepal, InWebb, E. L. and Shivakoti, G. P. (eds.), Decentralization, Forests and Rural Communities: Policy Outcomes in South and Southeast Asia, Sage India.
- Gautam, A. P., 2007. Group size, heterogeneity, and collective action outcomes: Some evidence from community based forestry in Nepal. Int. Journal of Sust. Dev. & World Ecology 14: 574-583.
- Gautam, A. P., 2006. Combining geomatics and conventional methods for monitoring forest conditions under different governance arrangements. J. of Mountain Science 3(4): 325-333.
- Gautam, A. P. and Shivakoti, G. P. 2005. Conditions for successful local collective action in forestry: Some evidence from the hills of Nepal. Society and Natural Resources 18(2): 153-171.
- Gautam, A. P., Shivakoti, G. P. and Webb, E. L. 2004. A review of forest policies, institutions, and changes in the resource condition in Nepal. International Forestry Review 6(2): 136-148.
- Gautam, A. P., Shivakoti, G. P. and Webb, E. L. 2004. Forest cover change, physiography, local economy and institutions in a mountain watershed in Nepal. Environmental Management 33(1): 48-61.
- Gautam, A. P., Webb, E. L, Shivakoti, G. P. and Zoebisch, M. A., 2003. Land use dynamics and landscape change pattern in a mountain watershed in Nepal. Agriculture, Ecosystems & Environment 99: 83-96.
- Gautam, A. P., Webb, E. L. and Eiumnoh, A., 2002. GIS assessment of land use-land cover changes associated with community forestry implementation in the Middle Hills of Nepal. Mountain Research and Development 22(1): 63-69.