International Agroforestry Conference, 2018
“Promotion of Agroforestry for Rural Income Generation, Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation”
27-29 April, 2018
Nepal Agroforestry Foundation (NAF), in collaboration with Ministry of Agriculture, Land Management and Cooperatives, Nepal, Ministry of Forest and Environment, Nepal, Kathmandu Forestry College (KAFCOL), Enhancing Livelihood and Food Security through Agroforestry and Community Forestry (EnLiFT) project funded by the Australian Centre for International Agricultural Research (ACIAR), World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF), Integrated Centre for Integrated Mountain Development (ICIMOD), Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) Nepal, Agriculture and Forestry University (AFU), Institute of Forestry (IOF), Tribhuvan University (TU), and Asia Network for Sustainable Agriculture and Bioresources (ANSAB) successfully organized an International Agroforestry Conference on 27-29 April 2018 at Hotel View Bhrikuti, Godavari, Lalitpur, Nepal.
The Conference at a Glance
- 5 keynote presentations
- 3-panel discussion/presentations involving 14 panelists/presenters
- 3 special guest presentations
- 40 technical presentations in parallel sessions
- Presentations ranged from simple case studies to highly technical (e.g. soil C measurement techniques; effect of mycorrhizal inoculation)
- Participation of over 100 scientists, professionals, and practitioners from 11 countries (Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Canada, China, Costa Rica, India, Netherlands, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka)
- Inaugural session graced and addressed by Shakti B. Basnet, Honorable Minister for Forests and Environment, Government of Nepal; Dr. Bimala Rai Paudel, Honorable Member, National Assembly; and 7 other dignitaries representing different partner institutions.
Photo gallery: https://www.flickr.com/photos/nafnepal/albums
Book of Abstracts: Final Book of Abstracts