- Organizing Secretary, International Agroforestry Conference (IAC) 2018, “Promotion of Agroforestry for Rural Income Generation, Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation”, 27-29 April 2018, Kathmandu, Nepal.
- Exploring Multi-functional Alternative Landscape Designs for Intensive Coffee Agroforestry Systems in Costa Rica. Ongoing AgTraIn PhD Project between Wageningen University, the Netherlands; Montpellier SupAgro, France and Tropical Agricultural Research and Higher Education Center (CATIE), Costa Rica.
- Spatially Explicit Assessment of Trade-offs and Synergies amongst Key Ecosystem Services in Sasumua Watershed, Kenya. MSc Dissertation Project between School of Environment, Natural Resources and Geography (SENRGy), Bangor University, UK and World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF), Kenya.
- Bhattarai, S., S. Alvarez, C. Gary, W. Rossing, P. Tittonell, and B. Rapidel. 2017. Combining Farm Typology and Yield Gap Analysis to Identify Major Variables Limiting Yields in the Highland Coffee Systems of Llano Bonito, Costa Rica. Agriculture, Ecosystem and Environment, Volume 243, pp. 132-142.
- Subedi, B.P., S. Bhattarai, and S. Khanal. 2011. Climate Change Adaptation and Mitigation through Community-based Sustainable Management of Forests in Nepal. (pp 66). In Mountain Forests in a Changing World – Realizing values, addressing challenges. UNFAO/MPS and SDC, Rome.
- Leimona, B, M. v. Noordwijk, L. Joshi, D. Catacutan, T. Yatich, J. Dietz, H. Mwangi, J. M. Gathenya, C. Mathuri, F. Sinclair, S. Bhattarai…2011. Methods to Assess What is ‘Realistic’ in the Context of Payment of Environmental Services (PES) (pp 79-121). In Trees, Livelihoods, Current and Future Climate Variability: Methods and Approaches for Linking Knowledge with Action in Adaptation to Climate Change through Support for Landscape Multifunctionality, ed. M. v. Noordwijk, M. H. Hoang, H. Neufeldt, I. Oborn and T. Yatich. Bogor: World Agroforestry Centre, South East Asia (ICRAF-SEA).
- Subedi B. P., S. S. Pandey, A. Pandey, E. B. Rana, S. Bhattarai, T. R. Banskota, S. Charmakar, R. Tamrakar. 2010. Guidelines for Measuring Carbon Stocks in Community-managed Forests. ANSAB, FECOFUN, ICIMOD, NORAD ISBN: 978-9937-2-2612-7. pp 69+10.
- Christensen, M., S. Bhattarai, S. Devkota and H. O. Larsen. 2008. Collection and Use of Wild Edible Fungi in Nepal. Economic Botany, Volume 62, Number 1. pp. 12-23.
- Larsen H.O., A. K. Das and S. Bhattarai. 2007. Addressing the Needs for Forestry Research and Education in Nepal: IOF/ComForM project end-of-phase I project status & design of phase II. Institute of Forestry (IOF), Tribhuvan University, Nepal and Community-based Natural Forest and Tree Management in Himalaya (ComForM).