|Areas of Expertise:
- Design and implementation of integrated research in agriculture and natural resources,
- Development of research tools, database management and data analysis,
- Ecosystem Services,
- Participatory Natural Resources Management,
- Social-ecological Systems
- Exploring Multi-functional Alternative Landscape Designs for Intensive Coffee Agroforestry Systems in Costa Rica. Ongoing AgTraIn PhD Project between Wageningen University, the Netherlands; Montpellier SupAgro, France and Tropical Agricultural Research and Higher Education Center (CATIE), Costa Rica.
- Spatially Explicit Assessment of Trade-offs and Synergies amongst Key Ecosystem Services in Sasumua Watershed, Kenya. MSc Dissertation Project between School of Environment, Natural Resources and Geography (SENRGy), Bangor University, UK and World Agroforestry Centre (ICRAF), Kenya.
- Bhattarai, S., S. Alvarez, C. Gary, W. Rossing, P. Tittonell, and B. Rapidel. 2017. Combining Farm Typology and Yield Gap Analysis to Identify Major Variables Limiting Yields in the Highland Coffee Systems of Llano Bonito, Costa Rica. Agriculture, Ecosystem and Environment, Volume 243, pp. 132-142.
- Subedi B. P., S. S. Pandey, A. Pandey, E. B. Rana, S. Bhattarai, T. R. Banskota, S. Charmakar, R. Tamrakar. 2010. Guidelines for Measuring Carbon Stocks in Community-managed Forests. ANSAB, FECOFUN, ICIMOD, NORAD ISBN: 978-9937-2-2612-7. pp 69+10.
- Christensen, M., S. Bhattarai, S. Devkota and H. O. Larsen. 2008. Collection and Use of Wild Edible Fungi in Nepal. Economic Botany, Volume 62, Number 1. pp. 12-23.
- Larsen H.O., A. K. Das and S. Bhattarai. 2007. Addressing the Needs for Forestry Research and Education in Nepal: IOF/ComForM project end-of-phase I project status & design of phase II. Institute of Forestry (IOF), Tribhuvan University, Nepal and Community-based Natural Forest and Tree Management in Himalaya (ComForM).